A Palm Beach sheriff’s deputy has been hospitalized after getting trapped beneath his motorcycle when it suddenly caught fire at a filling station

Richard Ragali was off-duty and riding to Key West with several other deputies when they stopped Friday to get gas in Marathon.

The Florida Highway Patrol says Ragali’s bike fell, igniting a fuel puddle left on the ground from a previous customer. The fire quickly spread to a minivan nearby, but the two toddlers inside were saved before it reached their car seats.

The 53-year-old Ragali suffered burns over 50 to 60 percent of his body.

For more information please visit: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/florida/AP/story/1264814.html

If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident please call our office 24/7 for a free case evaluation. 1-866-LAW-FRAN – for more information please visit https://www.lawfran.com